Point-of-purchase (PoP) displays are promotional or marketing displays strategically placed in certain areas of a business or store to attract potential customers and promote products.
PoP displays can either be permanent or temporary, depending on your marketing goals. But, before settling on PoP displays, you should consider other factors such as cost, where you plan to place them within your store, and what products you want in the display.
In this blog post, we will cover several popular types of PoP displays their benefits, and applications.
Shelf talkers are strategically placed signs that stick out into store aisles to grab a shopper’s attention. They range from simple posters providing general information about a product to unique ones with colorful graphics telling people about new products and offers available.
For example, a shelf talker promoting a new type of vitamin could be a three-dimensional, freestanding cardboard cutout with colorful graphics to attract attention. The messaging on the cutout could communicate the benefits of the product, unique selling points, and/or discount information to encourage shoppers to purchase immediately.
The following are the key advantages of using shelf takers for your retail display.
- Eye-Catching: Grabs shoppers’ attention with signage protruding into the aisle.
- Informational: Conveys product details effectively.
- Versatile: They can be simple posters or intricate 3D displays.
- Flexibility: They are easy to remove or replace depending on your needs.
End caps are one of the most common PoP displays found in retail stores. As their name implies, they’re located at the end of every shelf or aisle to provide product visibility and save customers from having to move down the aisle to check out a product. They are also highly effective for showcasing new or discounted products.
Here are some key advantages of end caps.
- High Visibility: Located at the end of aisles, ensuring maximum exposure.
- Efficient Use of Space: They don’t take up too much space, and they’re ideal for stores with too many products and little space.
Vendor Shop/Store Within a Store
Vendor shops help brands stand out from their competitors when selling products in a large outlet such as a supermarket. They create a mini retail store in a dedicated space within a large outlet exclusively featuring only their products. This method is the most elaborate and immersive type of retail PoP display.
Advantages of having a store within a store include:
- Boosts Brand Visibility: Shoppers notice and remember the brand.
- Exclusive Environment: Reinforces brand identity within a larger store and distinguishes your business from other brands.
Well-designed floor graphics are unique PoP displays that brands can use to stand out. The simplest forms of floor graphics are foot graphics that guide people through a store or provide directions. However, brands are getting creative and designing elaborate floor graphics such as decals that resemble spilled products, giant holes, or even interactive games on the floor as part of marketing.
Other benefits include the following:
- Creative Impact: Captivates customers with visually appealing designs.
- Interactive: Floor graphics are highly effective because they are novel and unexpected. When used for games and other entertaining elements, they can engage people, prompting them to stay longer in the designated area.
- Cost-effective: Utilizes store floor space creatively.
Free Standing Displays
Freestanding display units (FSDU) are standalone PoP floor displays. They don’t require external support and stand independently on the sales floor, making them ideal for temporary installations such as seasonal promotions.
Their key features include:
- Versatility: You can place them anywhere within a store to maximize visibility.
- Customizable: They come in various shapes, sizes, and designs, making them highly customizable to fit a brand’s aesthetics and promotional needs.
- Prominence: They often occupy prominent positions within a store, allowing products to catch the eye of shoppers.
Dump bins are bin-shaped container display units designed to hold and showcase various small or loose products. The term “dump bin” comes from the idea that products are loosely dumped into a container for easy access by customers, promoting spontaneous buying decisions. They’re a good choice for small items that shoppers can quickly grab and continue shopping, such as gum and candy. The best way to design your dumb bins is to create unique and eye-catching designs that are more likely to attract consumers.
Dumb bins are also:
- Convenient for Shoppers: Allowing easy access to small items.
- Space-Efficient: Maximizing product visibility in a small footprint.
- Design Flexibility: Unique and creative designs can attract attention.
PoP Displays from Deluxe Packaging
The design team at Deluxe Packaging collaborates with customers from various industries to create floor, counter, and power wing display solutions that deliver personalized and memorable purchasing experiences. From graphic design services to offset lithography printing, we can craft unique and powerful advertising solutions for nearly any application or environment.